"My business is not to remake myself, But to make the absolute best of what God made."

~Robert Browning


Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Customized Bouquet

God gave us memories that we might have roses in December.

~J.M. Barrie, Courage, 1922

I have been told that amongst tragedy and loss there is something to learn or to be found. Something positive can be built. How true it is! With the passing of my friend I have found many “lost” friends. They were not really lost. I had just misplaced them. I let “us” fade into life. So I will work on reconnecting with my girlfriends. Friends are like roses….I will cherish, nurture and love them during all the seasons of my life.

We have had the pleasure of keeping our grand~angel a couple times recently. She is so much fun. Her innocence is to be treasured. Her intelligence can’t be tricked. Her smile is angelic. She and I made Easter Cookies for the Ladies Bible Study Group. After they were cooled she explained she only needed three of the cookies. Knowing her mother would get me for giving her three cookies I couldn’t help myself. It is the “Nanny” in me…I gave in. I watched as she gave Ganpa and her mother each a cookie. How sweet was that? I assumed she was going to eat all three and be on a sugar high. My heart was filled with watching her unconditional act of kindness. I asked her mother if I could give her two to take home for the next day. It was so refreshing to see this kindness…I want to have that refreshing child-like kindness…to give and expect nothing in return. This is a special memory (rose) for another season of my life.

Easter weekend was filled with children, family, laughter, fun, praise, worship and sunshine. A friend of my mother’s opened up her home for an Easter Celebration…okay it was more than a wonderful egg hunt, party, games and food….It was so much more than a party. I took a lot of pictures…see Prayers, Praise and Photographs. Watching all the children laugh and play was uplifting. I laughed a lot. The food was wonderful. Everyone pitched in to make this a wonderful time. My mother, my oldest daughter, my grand~angel, my two niece and my two great nieces were there also. We had a good time…shared lots of laughs. This will be a great memory for me and for everyone….all captured in pictures. This time will bring me a full bouquet of memories.

Easter Sunday was wonderful. Service was loving and special. Our sweet friend was able to make it to church. She wore a special mask decorated by her lovely daughter for Easter. This family is so filled with love. I love hearing about the confirmation they are receiving from God. Our Father, Our God is powerful! Please keep this family in your prayers. We are speaking life and praying for healing.  They are special in the bouquet of life.

I had the pleasure of my niece Haley going to Church with me. She usually comes, but this time was special because it was just she and I…girl time. Mike was taking care of things, so wouldn’t have too…he was with us in spirit. Anyway, I love showing off this sweet girl. Her birthday is in May…I can’t wait!!!! We had a wonderful dinner with Haley and the rest of her family later that evening. Lots of laughter love and great food went around the table. Another cherished memory to place in my bouquet.

Easter Sunday I started my garden. Mandy inspired me after seeing her beautiful flower bed...Thank you!  I planted my grape vines. Mike planted my live oak trees. I have laid out the pots for plants and imagined all my flowers in bloom. I can honestly say I have started my garden and adding more memories to my bouquet.

Start your garden!!!  Take in each memory....with love and happiness.  Nurture your garden and have your own customized bouquet for all the seasons of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment