"My business is not to remake myself, But to make the absolute best of what God made."

~Robert Browning


Tuesday, April 13, 2010

No Bad Mood Here.

You never know when you’re making a memory.” ~ Rickie Lee Jones

When I awoke this morning I was tired and running late. I wasn’t in a bad mood….I woke up late. I will be late for work and a bad mood will not change the situation. It isn’t my nature to wake up in a bad mood. I was once told…”you have the right to be in a bad mood, but you don’t have the right to force or impose it upon others.” I can’t remember the last time I woke up in a bad mood. I wake each morning looking forward to a new day of making memories. I wake up each day remembering something pleasant about my life. I am so Blessed. NO BAD MOOD HERE!  ONLY MEMORIES!!

This past week brought beautiful weather and moments...that are forever etched in my memory. These memories may not be mine alone. In fact, I heard from Michelle and Mandy about Friday night. They shared with me....which became my memory too.  They took Cali to the movies. They had a wonderful time. Both girls talked about how sweet each other is and how much fun they had (including Cali). Michelle ALWAYS talks of Mandy's sweetness and generosity.  I love that they spent time together.  It is so hard with work, soccer and Cali's games.  They gave me a memory without even knowing it...Love you more than chocolate.

Another memory I was given was listening to my sweet daughter Mandy talk about the good time she spent with her young cousin Haley. How they had manicure and pedicures…shopped and went to the movies. They ran/walked in the 5k at the new Dallas Cowboy Stadium. They had such a wonderful time.  They brought me happiness and a fond memory without me being with them.

I also, have the wonderful memory of my sweet excited daughter Michelle calling to tell me she won the “Biggest Loser” weight challenge on her job. Okay, any of you that know Michelle knows she is not big by far. But she focused on eating healthier than normal and exercising. She lost nearly 18 lbs. I am so proud of her. She looks awesome. I thought she looked great before.  The sound of her voice is something I will remember.  I am so proud of you.

I have memories of the many conversations with Brittany throughout the week. She always has me laughing by the time we hang up. She is always in a good mood…even when it seems iffeee…she says something so profoundly funny you can’t help but smile and say “that is my Brittany.” You are my miracle.  I can hear you smile through the phone.  You are "my Brittany."

The memory of the thoughtful “shout-out” from Amber on her blog about her dad and I. Mike and I love our little outings and dates.  We love being outside enjoying nature.  (FYI...in response to your blog post…Everyday we kiss goodbye as our last act to each other....and kiss hello first…no matter what kind of mood we are in. You never know when it will be your last kiss.)   No matter what goes on throughout my day I know that I will get a smile and kiss as soon as he sees me.  Thanks for refreshing that feeling of unconditional love I have for your dad.

My mother, my (other) niece Hailey and I are taking an Art Photography class. It is so much fun. We have learned so much already. The teacher took the whole class on a field trip-photo shoot on Saturday. We went to take pictures of nature (blue bonnets, water, trees, cows, old barns). He turned us loose on nature. It was a fabulous experience. At one point I stopped taking pictures to feel the sun on my face (not to smart I came home with my face sunburned…go figure…guess it was the sun reflecting off the water). Anyway, I watched as my niece and mother walked around taking pictures. I thanked God at that moment. How blessed am I to be here and be with my Mom (and niece)…to experience this with them. I wish I could have all my loved ones with me experiencing it. We took plenty of pictures. Our assignment was to pick two good pictures and email to the teacher to be published in the Waxahachie paper. Then bring our two best and two worse ones to class this Thursday.   Our friend came out with her 5 month old twins....no blue bonnet pictures yet, but I took a lot of them in their stroller.  I love my Mom so much.  It is so much fun to hang out with her.  She is one of my best friends.

I love coming home. I usually find Mike and Grace in the front yard. They are watering or working. He always sees me and smiles…tells Grace “there’s mom…there’s Donna.” She gets so excited.  He must be excited to see me too....because EVERYTIME he gives me a sweaty hug and kiss....I secretly love it.  He tells me everyday he thinks I am beautiful...even when I have on no make up and been working in my garden.

On Sunday, Mike and I were invited to have lunch with Brittany and Wesley. We met at their home. They have been renovating for about 10 months. After a delicious meal at PF Changs and great conversation we went back to their home.  We sat and visited for a while...enjoying the outdoors and comfort of their home. WOW!!! They have done a lot, walls are gone, ceiling raised, 2nd floor has a landing now, hard wood floors downstairs, all rooms a different color, decorations are fab and a beautiful formal dining room. It made me a little sad to see my youngest; my baby is all grown up. She is so responsible. Wesley and Brittany are a true match made in heaven. They have such respect for each other.  They appreciate each other.  I will think back on this visit and always remember the warmth and comfort of their home and company.

This morning I walked down to let Grace out just as I stepped onto the porch a breeze went past. Wow!! It felt good. This was one of those mornings to sit on the patio and drink a good cup of coffee. I remember doing this with my grandmother Billman. What a wonderful and beautiful memory I have of her. This was a moment to take in the gifts from God. How thankful I am to enjoy these quiet little moments, to be thankful for my life, my girls, my husband, my family, my friends and to have my memories (and pictures).

I am looking forward to the next week. The anticipation of new memories has me in a great mood. Who has time to be in a bad mood?  Who wants to let a bad mood dictate your day/life? 

Father, Thank you for all the days of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment