"My business is not to remake myself, But to make the absolute best of what God made."

~Robert Browning


Monday, March 22, 2010

One Word, Pleasing Smile

“One word or a pleasing smile is often enough to raise up a saddened and wounded soul.”

~Therese of Lisieux

I started an additional blog. Prayers, Praise and Photographs. I wanted to offer prayer, praise and photographs. With everything that has gone on this past couple weeks I felt it is what I needed to do.

Last week was heartbreaking for many. A church member and friend Cheryl S. received the results of her scans. The news was not good. She and her family are a light in a dimly lit world. It breaks my heart the pain in which they are going through. But I believe in the power of our father. Her children are updating her Caring Bridge journal daily (http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/cherylsnyder ). They update for her when she can't. I have been praying for this wonderful family and friends. Our Pastor (Pastor Vic) has been tirelessly visiting them and several others currently in the hospital. Pastor Vic, Barb and many many others has been keeping us all updated on our Church family members. Assisting this family is a gift. 

Many years ago I had a group of friends I would hang out with when my girls were gone for the weekend. This group of people welcomed me with open arms. They accepted me for me. They were fun to be with and kept me laughing instead of crying. We spent many weekends around the pool. Lots of laughter was what I needed (thank you Jaime). As time went by I went about my way, but always thought of them. I am so appreciative of them. This past Wednesday Jaime called to tell me that Jerry and his wife were dead. Both Jerry and his wife Amy were gone. It is so hard to believe especially hearing the story. The circumstances of their death is unbelievable for us that know (and knew) Jerry. Not knowing why is hard for my friends (that still hung out with Jerry and Amy). My heart goes out their families and friends. Some questions will never be answered. My heart hurts for these families and friends.  Not one word will answer these questions, but a smile and a hug go a long way.  Words in Prayer....go a long way.

I have posted my prayer at Prayers, Praise and Photographs. Iwant to encourage you to post your prayers and praise...not sure how you could post a photo, but your prayers and praise are welcome. You all mean so much to me. Thank you for being a light for me in this dim world. I praise God for giving me a light that I may help light up this world.  Remember that your smile or kind word may help others through difficult times.  The person you help could be a stranger.  Treat the world with kindness.  Treat your friends and loved ones with care.  Pray for those who consider you an enemy.  Pray for those who you consider an enemy.  Pray that pride will not win over love.  You never know the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment