"My business is not to remake myself, But to make the absolute best of what God made."

~Robert Browning


Monday, February 8, 2010

Did I Witness? Did I Share?

“God enters by a private door into each individual.”~Ralph Waldo Emerson

When I accepted Jesus Christ as my lord and savior it was an intimate act/moment for me. I was overjoyed, filled with love and security. I walked knowing no matter what I was not alone. I didn’t run out and tell every stranger or person in my life I had been saved. What I share is the miracle of our God. I tell everyone of how I felt God’s presence and healing hands upon my daughter in December 2003. Our God is amazing. When accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior you are allowing God to enter by a private door into you. You are no longer alone.

Who is to say whether or not someone is a Christian? This past week I encountered the words (written and spoken) “someone is not a Christian.” How it hurt my heart to read/hear these things about people I love. I kept asking myself: Why is it necessary to publicly publish or speak this statement? After all, they may be like me. How do they know? What insight do they have? Have they spoken with these individuals one on one to know? When was the last time they talked to this person? Called or visited about anything? Talked about God, about salvation or being a Christian? Shared their miracle moment with God? What is their definition of a Christian? Are they living without sin? STOP!!!!!

I was angry and hurt. I wanted answers. THEN…..I realized I am in the beginning stages of an Emotional Tornado (ET), again. I had to refocus on God. “I can only imagine.” My love for all of these people is far greater than the hurt others may cause unknowingly.

I had to remember they are entitled to their opinions, judgment and thoughts. Just, as I am entitled to mine. It is not my place to find out their definition of being a Christian, to have answers to all my questions or to judge them. It is my place to shine with love and forgiveness as God has placed upon me. It is my place to witness as to the miracle of God. It is my place to share.

I am committed to living my life with the light in which God provided within me. I have failed many times to let my light shine, but I have been forgiven. I will shine.

I am not without sin, but with prayer and meditation with God I can become the light in which I am meant to be.


“Father, I pray that you will continue to grow within me and guide me. I pray your light will shine brighter with each passing moment as I try to live according to your word. I pray that you will protect the hearts of those I love. I pray for your healing hands on my many friends and family that are going through trying times. I pray for your forgiveness during my time of anger and you give me the ability to deal with those who do not know the heart of others and me. I thank you for my children, my husband, my family and my Church family. Thank you, Father for your son. Thank you, Father for loving me at all the times in my life. In your name I pray. Amen.”


Be Blessed and Bless Others.

2 comments:

  1. i know this is regarding me. i have talked to granddad about being a christian. i asked him this past sunday what would happen when he died and he laughed and said he was going to hell. as i have learned most christians do not answer that way. i have also learned, by reading the bible, that the lord says to "proclaim your faith" as a christian i am to further god's kingdom and if that means asking others to pray for someone's salvation then thats what i will do. i am not wrong. and you will not make me feel like i am wrong. i will not be silent when it comes to someone going straight to hell. you quoted ralph emerson...i would recommend quoting god's word when it comes to something like this. i am sorry to be so harsh but its the truth..not opinion...the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IH SHUT UP DON'T CRITICIZE MOMS BLOG. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT STOP READING IT. AMBER YOU JUDGE MORE PEOPLE THAN ANYONE I HAVE EVER MET! I SURE HOPE WHEN YOU ARE PASSING ALONG GODS WORD YOU ARE NOT JUDGING THE PEOPLE YOU PASS IT TO- BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE GIVING THEM THE WRONG MESSAGE ABOUT HOW CHRISTIANS SHOULD BE...ALSO, AMBER NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU BECAUSE MOM MENTIONED A CHRISTIAN AND GOD IT DOESN'T MEAN IT IS ABOUT YOU SO-DONT FLATTER YOURSELF.ONE YOU ONLY COME AROUND WHEN YOU THINK YOU MIGHT GET SOMETHING OUT OF IT AND TWO YOU ONLY CALL WHEN YOU NEED SOMETHING, SO YOU ARE THE LAST PERSON TO TELL ANYONE WHO THEY NEED TO QUOTE AND WHAT THEY NEED TO DO. WOULD YOU BUY A CAR FROM A THIEF? NO. SO WHY TAKE ADVICE FROM A HYPOCRIT? SO GO WRITE IN YOUR BLOG WHILE PLAYING A VICTIM SO EVERYONE WILL FEEL SORRY FOR POOR AMBER. SORRY TO BE HARSH BUT GROW UP.

    ReplyDelete