"My business is not to remake myself, But to make the absolute best of what God made."

~Robert Browning


Friday, January 29, 2010

Focus On God

Focus On God

He [God] is my focus. As my prayer partner reminds me during trying times…”keep your focus on God.” Sometimes during those trying times I need to be redirected. I need to feel him working in me. When I keep my focus on him I get control of my emotions and a feeling of warmth is all around….the wonderful secure feeling. I know his power, his unconditional love and his forgiveness.

Sometimes I have to refocus.

This past week I have needed to refocus. When…..

…someone I love treated my girls as if they weren’t important.
…work was trying my nerves.
…someone told me I was looking old. (Not a family member either)
…I am missing my loved ones and friends that have passed away.
…I was thinking about the “turmoil” from 2009.

Sometimes refocusing is hard. You know what I am talking about. The emotional tornado (ET) that keeps your mind restless with memories of the hurt and anger.

BUT THERE IS HOPE!!! (Did you really think I wasn’t going to give you hope?)

We all need to refocus. I can’t always stop and read….sometimes my ET (emotional tornado) prevents me from relaxing or concentrating. I listen to or sing the song by Mercyme.

I listen to “I CAN ONLY IMAGINE.” Listening to music is easy for me. I can listen at work, in my car, at home or almost anywhere. I can sing it when I don’t have my music with me.

Try to sing “I Can Only Imagine” when you are angry or sad. You can’t do it. You will feel the warmth of his unconditional love taking over your body. You will refocus.

Believe me you can sing it with a smile, tears of joy…but I have never made it through the song angry or sad. It works for me. TRY IT…Here are a few lyrics.


I can only imagine, what my eyes will see, when Your Face is before me!
I can only imagine. I can only imagine.
Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still?
Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'?
Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine! I can only imagine!

What is your refocus tool?

Be Blessed and Bless others.

No comments:

Post a Comment