"My business is not to remake myself, But to make the absolute best of what God made."

~Robert Browning


Monday, February 22, 2010

Attitude and New Endings

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~ Maria Robinson


The past 2 ½ weeks have been emotionally trying for me. A family member became extremely ill, diagnosed with cancer, had successful surgery, faces some chemo and came home today. Two friends were diagnosed with cancer, had successful surgery and are home recovering beautifully. A friend is going through hard times and feels alone. A friend’s mother is in the hospital waiting on answers. Someone I love dearly is struggling with fear and uncertainties. I found my previous blog unintentionally offended a few people-I am truly sorry. I found myself tired, struggling and emotionally drained. On Thursday, Feb.11th I chose to start a new day…to make a new ending. It is all about attitude.

All is good or at least how it is suppose to be at the moment. I can’t change the hearts of others or remove their burdens. What I can do is sincerely pray, offer comfort, a smile, a hug, forgive, have compassion, understanding and share the gifts of wisdom (shared with me). I can be there if and when they need me. I can work on becoming a better person, friend and family member. I am renewed. It is all about attitude.

The recent events had me writing down the things I have learned throughout my life. I am so grateful to my parents, grandparents, siblings and children who gave me the gifts of their wisdom (They taught me and I have passed it along):

Not everyone is going to like me or love me and that is okay.
I determine myself worth-no one else does.
No matter what happens find a positive or create a positive outcome/result.
Don’t mess with your KARMA!
Life is hard, but worth it.
Things always get better.
Ask yourself “What are my choices?”
We can overcome any obstacle with the right attitude.
Everything happens for a reason.
How we react says a lot about our character.
When people talk negatively or gossip about me, I am important to them.
Family is family.
There is a time and place for everything-most of the time it is not in public.
Having integrity and being honest is the best human quality you can pass on.
Giving your word is the best thing you can offer-so stand by it.
Ignoring problems solves nothing.
Think about it before you say it or do it. (AKA “The Filter”)
Don’t expect forgiveness. Ask for it, then humble yourself when it is given.
Say “I Love You” from the heart.
A good hug can make things better and good things great.
Wake with a smile and share it.
I am responsible for my own happiness.
Don’t hate anyone. Forgive them.
Avoid using the word hate-it spews anger and gives you wrinkles.
Take responsibility for your actions-don’t make excuses.
Don’t toot your own horn.
Don’t do anything expecting anything in return.-Give from your heart.
Work hard and have good ethics.
When I am weak, prayer will give me strength.
When I leave earth my last thoughts will be of the love I have for my family and friends.
When I am angry or hurt my last thought should be to leave-not my first thought.
Lead by example.


I am still learning and welcome each day with open arms. I am blessed. I am thankful for each of you during good times and bad times. It is all about the RIGHT ATTITUDE!

“Father, I pray that you will continue to grow within and guide me. I pray for the health and well-being of all our children, grandchild, family and friends. I pray that you lift the burden of hurt, discouragement, loneliness and worries from our hearts. I pray you offer us a peaceful heart and youthful eyes….that we love and appreciate each day and the people in our lives. I pray we each learn from the obstacles in our lives and truly forgive those who have offended us. I pray for the acceptance of the life which has been laid out before us…that we will make the best of it according to your word. I pray for continual recovery of my many friends and family going through illness and tough times. I pray for strength, compassion and an open heart. I pray for healthy bodies, minds and hearts. I lift all up in prayer to you.

Father God, thank you for my wonderful parents. Thank you for bringing Mike into my life. He is a gift from you. Thank you for our children and giving them each special personalities and gifts. Thank you for giving inter-peace to me. Thank you for giving me the honest ability and power to pray and to forgive. Thank you for the light you have given me. Thank you for Pastor Vic and his comforting words. Thank you for our Church Family. Thank you for bringing the youth into my life that reminds me of your incredible power.

I may not always feel worthy of your love and forgiveness, but you show me I am worthy. You show me by the miracle of snow, sunlight, children, a stranger’s smile, photographs of family and an unexpected hug. Thank you for loving me all the days of my life. I will see you in heaven. In your name I pray. AMEN”


Be Blessed and Bless Others.

No comments:

Post a Comment