"My business is not to remake myself, But to make the absolute best of what God made."

~Robert Browning


Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Letter to My Friend

We have been friends together in sunshine and in shade.
~ Caroline Norton

My dear sweet friend,

We have known each other many years. I remember the day we really met. You were sitting on the back porch of Plummer Elementary. It was an instant friendship…just add tea. We were bonded together from that point on. You are a true from the heart friend. God had placed a gift in my life.

Through the years we have done a lot of things together. We have shared family time, cooked out together, lay out (I got burned many time, but it was so worth it), girl’s night out, vented to each other, cried, laughed until we almost wet ourselves and played Wii. Just to mention a few. You have always been there for me during happy and sad times. You have a way of making all things better. You and Britt must be related because you can say some of the funniest things…just when I needed it most.

During those times when visiting was difficult.…we knew we were still friends-friends of the heart. Life was taking hold and I let go. Thank you for not letting me disappear and fade away.

I can’t express to you what kind of friend you are to me. I can tell you I love you and consider you one of my closest and dearest friends. You are a sister to me. You are part of my family.

These past couples of weeks have been different. It didn’t feel right…you on your mini-vacation in another town with little communication between us. I even commented that something didn’t feel right. I was missing you more than normal. I guess it was our friendship connection….you know that friendship of the heart thing.

Your email to me said it all. My heart was breaking for you. I was so angry. I finally realized to be there for you with a pure heart and clear head….I needed to give it to God. Sooooo...that is what I did.

My friend....my sister….I am here for you. I am only a phone call or an email away. During these hard times, the not knowing and uncertainties of life...remember God is there and you are not alone. I am with you in my heart and in my prayers. You are with me in my heart and prayers. You have so many people that love you and cherish you. We are praying for healing and for a healthy life. I am (we are) praying for you and your family.

So my dear sweet friend….I miss you very much. We will see each other soon, but until then there will be prayers, cards, emails, phone calls and texts. Think good positive thoughts. The “shade” of life will not interfere with our friendship.

Take care of you,
Love,

Donna

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.


Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.


This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.
Proverb 3:5-8

No comments:

Post a Comment